Monday, January 26, 2009

Slacking On my Blogging

I know, I know. I suck. Get over it! :)
This week was a good one. Chelsey came down and I got to have some "girl time". I got a babysitter and we went to lunch and did some shopping. It was so nice, and very much needed.
Then, Courtney, my little sister, had regions for her swim team. She is only a freshman, and was competing against kids from her age up to seniors, and still managed to get first place in 4 of her events. I am so proud of her. State is the first weekend in Feb. at BYU so I am going up to support her (plus it gives me a dang good excuse to see Chelsey and her gestating belly!).
I also finally found some new bedding for my bed. I have been looking for months and just haven't seen anything that jumped out at me, let alone something that Jesus liked also. Then on Sunday we found it. We also found the picture above the bed. It really filled up and empty space I was pretty clueless about what do with it. I still need to get new big fluffy pillows. Anybody have suggestions about good brands or places to get nice pillows?


This is a little craft that I did on Sunday as well. I found these letters at the fabric store for 50 cents each. Then all I had to do was string a ribbon through the holes and VOILA! Quick cheap and easy.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I would check Ross for pillows...and TJ Maxx. They have really random stuff, so you won't find a bunch that match, but if you want a more ecclectic look, you can find some cool ones!

McKinna said...

oh it all looks beautiful! we need to do our room as well... it's just been the last place we've worked on cuz we figure, it's the last room people are seeing!! someday.... it'll be nice!

Unknown said...

how cute is that! (the name decoration) Love it! I love buying new bed stuff. We just bought new bed sheets (brand new) over ebay. That is a must for me when it comes to sheets I have to have new ones...we bout our quilt at bed bath and beyond in Tucson. Sometimes they have really good deals. There expensive but there sells can be really really good. Well I am starting work again...how did you juggle both???

DaynaDouble said...

Love the CHLOE and it makes you feel even better when it was only $2 huh?!?