Monday, December 22, 2008
Sadly, there are no pictures of the cookie making, I was too busy trying to keep 6 children from destroying my house in the process, that my camera was far from my mind.
A few days later, we had Daisy, Jordan and Lexy come stay the night. It was another fun day. We woke up in the morning and Jesus made his famous Mickey Mouse pancakes. Bentley kept asking for a Donald Duck one. We are still trying to figure out how to pull that one off.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Here is the view of living room when you are standing in the kitchen. After Christmas it will look different, obviously. I will move the book shelf into our bedroom, and there will be other decorations on the mantle.
This hangs above the toilet. If you ever come to my house DO NOT use these towels. They are decoration ONLY! I HATE when people use my decoration towels. (Fair warning!)
Now for the Christmas decorations.
Here is Jesus and an orphan child we found wandering the streets setting up the Christmas tree. Oh wait, that's Chloe....This is on my table in the entry way.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday was Mclain's mission homecoming. He actually came home last Monday. I planned to do a long post about his arrival. I planned to post lots of pictures of us hugging him as he got off the plane. I was planning on posting pictures of him holding the sign we painted to welcome him home. This was a great plan but, since his plane was 20 minutes early, we missed his arrival. That's right, most of the family wasn't there to see him arrive, my mom included. He was a good sport about it, but I was fairly heartbroken. After leaving the airport, we had a family lunch at Olive Garden to celebrate. I do have pictures of that!
Mclain finally getting to know his nephew.
Chloe is such a cheese!
On Sunday he spoke in church and since his last talk was so eventful, we knew we needed to be there. This talk didn't fail to impress. No borderline sacrilegious jokes, but he did liken his mission to the theme song of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". I got the analogy, but I think it went right over the heads of some one the older members. Something will never change.... :)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
P.S. I made Jesus promise me this was the last move for a LONG time! We shall see.....
Friday, December 5, 2008
Photo credit - Pixel Me Perfect Photography
P.S. Mattix has started to laugh! Not giggle or chuckle, but laugh! Oh the precious moments!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
2. How long did you date? 1 year and 4 months
3. How long have you you been married? it will be 5 years in April... whoa...
4. Favorite Feature? his butt, or lack thereof! haha just kidding, he has beautiful eyes and lashes
5. What is your favorite quality of his? his love for his children. what attracted me to him in the first place was how sweet he was to his neice, i knew immediately he would be an amazing dad
6. Does he have a nickname for you? babe, baby, pickle, penguin, and a few other randoms
7. What is his favorite color? pink, what a girl!
8. What is his favorite food? chilaquiles, anything mexican with lots of salsa
9. What is his favorite sport? basketball
10. When and Where was your first kiss? in Mesquite when Chelsey, Chanel and I went down to stay at the Casablanca.
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? when it is just us as a couple we like to go out to eat, something about enjoying a meal without a child screaming or throwing soggy french fries at you is appealing to us. haha
12. Do you have any children? 3 of 'em. and dang, are they cute!
13. Does he have a hidden talent? he is actually very musically inclined, and I wish he had taken lessons as a child because he could have grown up to be a rockstar! haha
14. How old his he? 23 shhh dont tell him I told you I am older than him!
15. Who said, "I love you first?" He did.. it was ummmm.... awkward. We were on the phone getting ready to hang up. we hadn't been dating that long and it was so casual. it threw me off and I kinda just mumbled a response and hung up. oops. love you babe!
16. What is his favorite type of music? He is die hard hip hop. the old school stuff, you know...i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie, say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat .... he knows all the words to that song. but he likes oldies too, like frankie valli. he will never admit it out loud, but mexican rocklike La Ley and The Jaguares is a favorite too
17. What do you admire most about him? how hard he is willing to work to try to provide the best life possible for us.
18. Do you think he will read this? he might, he checks the blog from time to time, so maybe
I tag - Lenzi, Marci and Megan (even though I know you hate these!)
Also, I ran across a blog that I love! She is amazingly talented and I love her design style. I saw her home and RateMySpace on HGTV's website and it listed her blog. She has given me a lot of inspiration for decorating the new house... oh yeah, we are moving. haha is anyone surprised at this point?
Friday, November 28, 2008
When no one would push her on the swings at Niki's wedding - she improvised! Always such a good sleeper - she could sleep anywhere. Even a park bench! hahahaAlways getting into things she isn't supposed to be - sitting in Belle's crate. Luckily she didn't notice the resemblance between dog food and cereal. What? You didn't know bowls make great hats? Chloe does.This was last Easter. She thought the plastic eggs were edible. She was trying so hard to bite into that thing.
Some of my favorite things about Chloe:
How she adds an "s" to everyones name. i.e. Mommys, Daddys, Grandmas, ect.
How she pronounces Bentley (Benji) and Courtney (Corkie).
How she wrinkles up her nose when she laughs.
How she says "hi!" when she wakes up in the morning.
How she always finishes her food, then usually prcedes to finish Bentley's.
How she always runs to give my Grandma Mcknight a huge hug when she see's her.
The way she says shut up. It sounds like "she-up". I know she shouldn't say shut up, but it's pretty dang funny.
How she can hold her own in a wrestling match with Bentley.
How she is the perfect mix of tomboy and priss. She loves her "pincess" room, but loves to roll in the mud.
How she feels the need to tell anyone and everyone when she farts. In the middle of the grocery store she starts to laugh and says "ewww - farted". No shame....