Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Picture Overload... new house and Christmas Decorations

Ok, I am warning you now, there are like a million and a half pictures on this post. Well, not really, but there are a lot. First off are some of the pictures of the new house. I am still working on the bedrooms and the upstairs tv room/play room, so I am not posting those yet. You will however, be able to see the living room, kitchen/dining room, and hall bathroom. YEAH!



Here is the view of living room when you are standing in the kitchen. After Christmas it will look different, obviously. I will move the book shelf into our bedroom, and there will be other decorations on the mantle.



This is the view of kitchen from the living room.
Closer view of the kitchen.


Dining room. This is just to the left of the kitchen.



Hall bathroom. I was standing in the bathtub here. :)




View from the door.Another view

This hangs above the toilet. If you ever come to my house DO NOT use these towels. They are decoration ONLY! I HATE when people use my decoration towels. (Fair warning!)

Now for the Christmas decorations.

Here is Jesus and an orphan child we found wandering the streets setting up the Christmas tree. Oh wait, that's Chloe....This is on my table in the entry way.

And on the bottom shelf is my Christmas Village.

Our stockings hung above the fireplace. (I need to get one for Mattix.)
This shelf is also in my entry way. I think I am going to move the wreath to the front door. I just need one of those hangie thingies.
Here is our milk and cookies plate and mug. There is also a special key so Santa can come in, since we don't have a chimney. (Our fireplace is a fakie)
My nativity. So cute! I was given to me by my mom last year.The shepherd and his sheep.

Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus.The Wisemen and their camel.

And finally... TA DAAA! Our beautiful tree!Chloe was so tired that she just passed out on the couch. Poor girl.
The Christmas spirit was complete with snow the next day. This was taken when the snow just started to fall. Can you believe there is STILL snow in my back yard. Amazing for St. George. Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE the snow, but I am actually enjoying it this year because my kids are entralled with it!

13 comments:

Andi said...

What a beautiful house, and very cute decorating! You are a very lucky girl! I can't wait to have a house of my own someday. I'm sick to death of renting tiny one bedroom apartments...

DaynaDouble said...

Love the pics. We not have much for Christmas decor this year so I am enjoying seeing what others are putting up in their house and I pretend that it is hanging in mine. Poor Chloe it looks like you decorated her to death ;)

Charity Brown said...

Beautiful house!!!

Chelsey said...

cute cute! i love how you have decorated. can't wait to come see it!

freedo said...

looks like you got a lot done today.. looks great-i think that i bought bentley and chloe's stockings so i should buy one for mattix. if only i had more days off to do such things..courtney just told me school is canceled tomorrow for a "snow" day. i want work to be canceled. waah.i was hoping you had your pictures back and posted from your photo shoot.

Mary & Trin said...

Your house is really nice. I love it. That is so nice for you to have your own house. I like all of your decorations

Marci said...

i love the house, i wanna come over and see it sometime! and you are daring to put your little houses so close to the floor!!!

Virginia Janet said...

You have classic taste..! What a warm and lovely house. Merry Christmas!

Chelsey said...

i know i know. i shouldn't have given you shit when i havent updated mine. it's this whole working 7 days in a row, AND getting ready for christmas. i do have pictures (and a belly shot just for you) all ready. so just hang tight!

Shawna said...

It was fun meeting you at J.J.'s birthday. Your kids are adorable. We should totally get together again sometime and have a playdate with Lenzi and you and I. Let me know what ya think.
Thanks Shawna

Unknown said...

cute house! I should take a picture of my nativity set of bears lol Only I would collect those lol anyways looks like you have done alot allready considering you just moved! As far as the snow comment...you would hate it up here cuz it feels like it's constantly snowing

Unknown said...

I just cut a 2 x 4 into the size blocks that I wanted and then covered the blocks with scrap book paper (using modge podge.) Then I printed the words off onto another sheet of scrapbook paper from my computer, cut them out and modge podged them onto the covered blocks. Kinda time consuming but super easy and very inexpensive, one 2 x 4 is less than $2.

Kim Martin said...

How exciting and cute! I'm happy for you! MERRY CHRISTMAS! xo