Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm Baaaaack!

Well, a whole weekend without Internet is over, and to be honest, I didn't even feel it. This was much too busy of a weekend to even notice. We are all moved in - well, let me rephrase that- our stuff is here. Most is still in boxes, but it is here! I will post pics of each room as I get them done. Chloe's room is all done, I just need to move her bed in. I love how it turned out! We also did the Christmas decorations last night so I will be posting about that soon.

Sunday was Mclain's mission homecoming. He actually came home last Monday. I planned to do a long post about his arrival. I planned to post lots of pictures of us hugging him as he got off the plane. I was planning on posting pictures of him holding the sign we painted to welcome him home. This was a great plan but, since his plane was 20 minutes early, we missed his arrival. That's right, most of the family wasn't there to see him arrive, my mom included. He was a good sport about it, but I was fairly heartbroken. After leaving the airport, we had a family lunch at Olive Garden to celebrate. I do have pictures of that!
Sorry mom, I know its bad, but I love this look on Mclain's face. Typical Mclain.
Mclain finally getting to know his nephew.
Chloe is such a cheese!


Its been great having him back. He was such a help for me this week. He came over and raked like 30 bags of leaves at the old house. I was so grateful that I didn't have to be the one to do that!

On Sunday he spoke in church and since his last talk was so eventful, we knew we needed to be there. This talk didn't fail to impress. No borderline sacrilegious jokes, but he did liken his mission to the theme song of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". I got the analogy, but I think it went right over the heads of some one the older members. Something will never change.... :)

3 comments:

DaynaDouble said...

Its a little weird to see pics of McClain because I have not seen him for so long. Does Mattix look just like Jesus...or is it just me!?!

Charity Brown said...

Welcome home Mclain! That's hilarious about his talk being likened to the Fresh Prince of Bell Air... too funny!

Chelsey said...

hahaha.. i love it. who talks about the prince of bel air in church? it'll be fun to see him again, and i can't wait for the pics of your new place.