Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HCG Day 1

Jesus and I started our diet yesterday. This diet consists of daily injections of the HCG hormone, and a limited calorie intake. However, the first two days are "gorge" days. You eat extremely fatty food to reset your metabolism. This allows your body to burn at a higher metabolic rate even after you have completed the 23 days of diet, making it easier to keep the weight off. Yesterday, after our first shot we went to Ihop and had all you can eat pancakes, for lunch we had In'n'Out, and for dinner we went to Texas Roadhouse. Then we laid in bed and ate ice cream. Today we get to gorge again, but tomorrow we go to the strict 500 calorie diet. We can have two apples or oranges a day, half a chicken breast, fish or lean beef, and a small amount of vegetables. We do the veggie and entree for lunch and dinner. Most people can lose up to a pound a day on this diet, which is exactly where I want to be. I will be blogging about this quite a bit to monitor my progress. After we finish the diet then I will post the before and after pictures. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I was actually thinking this morning when I saw you at preschool that you were looking quite amazing! But whatever floats your boat!

McKinna said...

awesome! good luck!! can't wait to see the before & afters!!

Marci said...

i cant wait to c if it works keep us posted....good luck...i couldnt only eat 500 cals a day...poor girl, but it sounds like you indulged really well that all sounded so yummy! maybe i should just try to eat the 500 a day and c how it goes! hahaha

Laurel said...

Oh yea! Please let me know how it works for you!