Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas this year was crazy! It was hectic, busy, stressful, and wonderful all at the same time. I started out this holiday as a bit of a scrooge, because due to some changing of plans by my in-laws, Christmas wasn't going to be as I had hoped. See, usually we spend Christmas Eve with my in-laws, since their tradition is to open presents on Christmas Eve. Then we make the trek up to the cabin and spend the day with my family. This year was going to be different because my in-laws weren't going to come to Utah until Christmas Day. So we were planning on spending Christmas Eve at the cabin and spending the Christmas Day with my in-laws. Then, a few days before Christmas, some of Jesus's aunts decided to come to Utah from California for the holiday. I was excited to see them, but disappointed that my time with my family would be cut short. However, I decided to put on a happy face and make the best of it. Boy am I glad I did. I realized that it wasn't worth potentially ruining the holiday because it wasn't going the way I wanted. We did resolve that next year we will make our plans based on what is best for us and our kids, and whatever else happens, will just have to happen! All in all, Christmas turned out to be great. It was very chaotic however, so my pictures are very limited.




Here are Bentley and Chloe getting ready to go to their aunts house to have Christmas Dinner and open presents on Christmas Eve.


Here are the children waiting to be able to open their presents. They were getting antsy staring at the huge pile under the tree.


This is Eric. He is Jesus' cousin. He is the sweetest little boy you will ever meet.


We gave Chloe this super cute baby set. It came with twins babies, a double stroller, and a seat that converts from a double high chair to a swing. She has not left this thing out of her sight since she got it! She spends hours putting them in the stroller and walking around, then moving them to the swing, and then does it all over again.



The next morning the kids woke up to these....

Bentley has one too but I forgot to take a picture of his. He actually started to cry because he told Santa he wanted the Monster Tractor - which I guess is a four wheeler that turns into a dinosaur or something. But Santa couldn't find one anywhere. He actually loves his four wheeler now.
Mattix got a bumbo chair, which he loves. What else do you get a 3 month old? Well, he got some books, and a movie, and not much else! haha

Then we loaded up and headed to Pine Valley. It was snowing like crazy. We were very relieved that they paved the road that leads to the cabin this year. Speaking of, can I just ask a favor of anyone who has ever been sledding on the big hill as you come into Pine Valley? When you notice people trying to make it up the hill to their cabin, please move out of the way! I can not tell you how scary it is for the drivers to try to drive up that hill in the snow, all the while trying to dodge sledders. Anyway, tangent over... back to the festivites!


Chloe found the cool whip. There are several more shots over her eating it. She started out gingerly dipping her fingers in, then she becomes more adventerous and eventually resorts to licking the entire container clean. I will spare you the other pictures because I am too lazy to upload that many pictures on this already overloaded post.
Chloe wearing one of the tu-tu's Aunt Courtney made for her.My Grandma gave her this monkey and even made her and Chloe matching pajamas. She loves this thing!

She is trying to take after her mommy "wearing" her monkey. (I have a wrap and sometimes "wear mattix" when I am going places that aren't stroller or cart friendly)
By the end of the day, she crashed hard!

After the company left, we had a few days of quiet before we headed to California for New Years. Jesus' family always has a huge party, and this year was no different. They put up boards to close off their back porch to keep the cold out, making this cute little set up. After a delicious dinner, we moved the tables to make the dance floor. The spray painting was done by my wonderful hubby and says "Feliz Ano Nuevo" which in spanish means Happy New Year.

We make a pretty cute couple if I say so myself.

Me and Lexy. She's a punk. Hahaha
Self portraits are great.
While in California I wanted to do something we hadn't done ever done. We decided to go to the peir at Santa Monica Beach. It was exactly as I had expected it. I loved it. We got kettle corn, churros, and cotton candy, and just walked along seeing the little shops and rides. It was too cold to stay very long, and definately too cold to ride any rides. I do look forward to going to back next time we go to California - when it isn't so cold!


Chloe was looking up in awe at this....

The kids were a little disappointed that they couldn't do any rides, so we made do by taking them to Chuck E. Cheese. They got over it pretty quick. Here's Mattix with his Grandpa (or papi). Oh yeah, and just to prove that Jesus is still capable of physical labor.... here ya go!
His dad was very busy working one day and we wanted to go to L.A. to shop at the Alley and Figeroa Street, so he dusted off his detailing skills and helped his dad out.

All in all, it was another great trip. Despite being stuck on traffic on the way home for two 1/2 hours between Barstow and Stateline, I really can't complain at all!

3 comments:

Andi said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I can't believe how much fun stuff you guys did!

Rickelle, you look great! I can't believe you just had a baby 3 months ago- and that you have 3! Way to go!

McKinna said...

such cute pics! you look great Rickell! you guys do make a beautiful couple, and even more beautiful babies!!! ;)

Lenzi said...

O love how cute Bentley and Chloe looked on Christmas Eve.. your better than me, we went to grandmas in our jammies for dinner haha and you dress your kids all stankin' cute! Whos the lazy mom here?? That's ME!