Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New House Pics

I know it has been forever since I posted pictures of the new house, and since I just got Chloe's new bedding I knew it was time to post her room. When she went to a toddler bed we just used the same bedding that was in her crib. When we moved we wanted to put her in a "big girl" bed, so she needed new bedding. I have been looking ever since, but haven't really found anything that struck me as "it". Then the other day I was browsing Target and found this bedding set. SO cute, and so perfect. I bought it last night and Chloe couldn't stop talking about her "pitty bwankets".
So here is her room, completed!The blankets that are hanging from the shelf over her bed all have special meaning. The one furthest to the left was crocheted by my Great Grandma Slack. She was still working on finishing it when she passed away. It means the world to me, and I actually refused to let anyone use it for fear of something happening to it. The middle blanket was given to Chloe when she was born by my mom's amazing co-worker. She ordered it online and had it personalized. It is embroidered with Chloe Jocelyn and her birthdate. The blanket on the right was actually my dad's baby blanket that some how my mom had saved all these years. On top of the shelf are blocks that spell "inspire", one of the porcelin dolls I collected as a child, and a glass block with vinyl lettering spelling out "sweet baby".
This is her armoire, and some pictures. The top right hand picture is my favorite. It says "My Prince has already come. His name is Daddy".
Here is her window. The sign above the window says "always kiss me goodnight"and in the shadow boxes on each side are her first tennis shoes, her onsie from the hospital, and her pink nike onsie, beanie and booties. The tennis shoes and Nike outfit were given to her by her uncle McLain before he left on his mission. Chloe was just 3 weeks old when he left.
Here is another shelf. The Love letters were made by my mom.Here is a close up of the pattern on the comforter.
I want to get her a headboard but i cant decide if i want a basic one, or something more shabby chic style. Opinions?

2 comments:

McKinna said...

oh her room is adorable! GREAT JOB!! I love all the meaningful stuff you have all around- such a great idea!

Marci said...

thats such a cute room...i wann girl so i can do a pink room. you did such a cute job on it!