Monday, February 2, 2009

SuperBowl Sunday

We had a little get together Sunday in honor of the SuperBowl. We aren't football fans by any means, but we do love to have people over and eat nummy food. My SIL made "tinga". Its a delicious mexican dish that is shredded chicken, onions, tomatoes, and chipotle peppers on a tostada with sour cream. I made these...
Yummy wings. Got the recipe from Pioneer Woman. If you haven't read her blog DO IT! She is hilarious and all of her recipes are delicious!!!

I also made my world famous meatballs.
Ok, so they aren't world famous, but people like 'em.
Here's how you do it. Its so easy you will want to run out make them right now. Well, maybe....





Chili Sauce (simply spiced up ketchup... found right by the cocktail sauce), grape jelly, and frozen meatballs. Toss 'em in the crock pot. Leave them there. Stir occasionally. See, easy! Trust me, if I can do it - you can!

Before the big game, we played some Guitar Hero, World Tour.

Even Chloe wanted in on it.
Here is some of the crew.


While the game was on, my neice Ava found lots of things to keep herself busy. Including locking herself in the kids bathroom and emptying every drawer, cupboard and linen closet. Then later we found her in my bathroom, rubbing on shampoo like it was lotion. It was a great day, and we loved spending it with friends and family.

5 comments:

Jonathan, Kaity & Halle said...

Hey! How is HCG coming along? I was talking with my mom and she ist thinking about doing it and so i'm thinking about doing it... losing weight is HARD after having a baby!

Megan said...

have you recovered yet? I was tired...and I didn't even have to clean up! Thanks for the party. It was a good time!

McKinna said...

So fun! I am not a big football fan either... i was just looking forward to all the food and commercials! We have a big fam party for superbowl party to. It's a blast! your recipe for the meatballs sounds sooo good- plus, I love making anything with that chili sauce! it's awesome!

Mary & Trin said...

Oh it looks like you had a lot of funn. I didn't get to watch much of the game I was way to busy doing homework. But oh well.

Barney Family said...

Okay my feeling are hurt, we wern't invited to this one!It's not so much the game that I missed but your food and seeing you girls! Just make sure that the next party I come to, you have that chocalate cake again and i'll forgive you! He he!