Sunday, June 1, 2008

Vacation?

HA! I think not. I haven't blogged in a while, and I promise, there is a very good explaination why.
Let's start at the beginning.
First, we started our move. Life was hectic. We were without internet in the process. The day our cable company was coming to install cable and internet at the new house I started having some really bad cramping. I was very freaked out and my husband and I went to labor and delivery. The monitors were not showing any contractions and the baby was fine. They checked my urine and said I had blood in my urine. This made them think I had a kidney stone. They told me to go home and wait it out. By this time the cramping stopped so I wasn't too worried, however, we had missed the appointment with the cable company so we were still without tv or internet. I went a few days feeling fine, and way ready to back to work when the beast struck again. This time not in the form of cramps, it was back pain on my right side. This was the worst pain I had ever felt. Within minutes I was laying in bed sobbing and Jesus was forced to call in sick for me... again. I took a hot bath and tried to wait it out, but nothing I did helped. We finally went to the ER. Since I am pregnant they cant do the CAT scan or MRI or whatever, but they were able to do an ultrasound to determine my right kidney had "moderate swelling". They basically told me that the crappy thing about kidney stones is that you have to wait it out. They did, however, give me Percocet to get me through. I went home, took a Percocet and the next few days is pretty much a blur. (Thank for all the babysitting help Cambria and Courtney) I spent Memorial Weekend drugged out on pills being in bed pretty much nonstop. I have since begun to feel better, and have had only a few moments of pain. At this point I am almost 4 days without any back pain and so I think I may have passed the stone. I was not able to return to work until today because I needed the doctors ok to return. I actually got the clearance a few days a go, but decided to take a couple extra days to finish the move, and make sure I felt better. The upside of this debacle? The time at home has given me a chance to really crack down on Bentley's potty training. He is almost completely done. We still have to remind him from time to time, but I have had very few accidents. Also, it gave me lots of time to unpack and get settled.
It also allowed me to see that I really do want to stay home after this baby. I have wrested back and forth for the past few months over whether or not I would return after my maternity leave. In my head I said "how can I? Is it even financially possible?" but wondered if I would miss work too much to stay away. The answer was no... I like my job, and did look forward to returning, I was much nicer to be home at night with my family, and to cook dinner, so on and so forth. I will continue working until I have to baby, so I can keep my insurance, but I doubt I will return after that.
Anyway, life is good. Kids are great, and pregnancy is going well. Hope its the same for all of you!

2 comments:

DaynaDouble said...

Hey Smelly,
I just found you on someone elses blog so I hope its ok that I write you. I haven't seen you for ever. I am happy to see that you are still working on the baby manufacturing. We are not there yet, but hopefully soon we will be. My blog is lundincentral.blogspot.com check us out and keep in touch. Luve Ya!
Dayna

Marci said...

rickell it sounds like you have had a lot going on and some not so good. so where did you guys move to now? we should hang out this next week or this week sometime when you actually have some time...we could go to the water park or somethin. let me know.