Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Progress

I get these e-mail's weekly to update me on the progress of my pregnancy. I love to read these and see what's going on inside my body. I thought I would share this with you! Enjoy!

Your baby is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango). He may be able to feel your movements now, so put on some tunes and dance around the house. No matter what race your baby is, he looks red now due to blood vessels showing through his transparent skin. His true skin tone will develop over the course of his first year. Blood vessels in your baby's lungs are developing to prepare him for breathing, but complete lung development will take many more months. The lungs are the last organ to fully develop.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I always have thought it was a little twisted that they always compare your babies size to a piece of food. I mean, that's not really the point...to imagine your baby as something edible...but whatever. So fun to think about a new one, but so exhausting when I think about a new one and Chloe. Phew. You'd better eat your wheaties, girl!

Unknown said...

Its all such a miracle I don't think anyone really can fully understand when you look at the whole prospect of a 9 month pregnancy I am serious they start out no larger then well like a dot or something and then there like so big and beutiful when they come out. The fact that some womens bodies can do it so many times amazes me (women who have had like 12 kids) I don't know how they can do that. I think of how sick I was the first three months and how tiny he was at that point it's really kind of funny if you think about it

Unknown said...

I meant it's kind of funny they are the size of a dot and we are so sick and everything. ummm do I ever make any sense??? lol