Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ooops... again

Well, if you have tried to call me in the last few days it is likely that you got a message saying "this phone has been disconnected". However, this is not because we didn't pay the phone bill. Its because I got my phone stolen. Now, if you ask Jesus he will say that I simply lost my phone, but hear my side of the story and decide for yourself.
I went to get an oil change with all three kids. I was trying to carry the car seat, corral Bentley and Chloe into the waiting room, while carrying our Wendys (it was lunch time and we were HUNGRY!) and I dropped my phone under my seat. I saw it fall and know exactly where it landed, but since I had Chloe screaming "nuggets!" at me I decided I would pick it up later. When the car was done I stood up and paid and loaded the kids up - while trying to hurry since Mattix was getting restless (he HATES his car seat). In the commotion I forgot to pick up my phone. I went to Albertsons and to say hi to my mom and get a prescription filled. While talking to my mom I remembered that I hadn't picked up my phone. I immediately drove back to get it. However, it was gone. The girl at the desk said no one had turned one it. We tried calling it to make sure it wasn't there or hidden in my car. No luck. I called and texted my phone for about 2 hours to make sure it wasn't buried in the diaper bag or something like that. At one point someone answered the phone and hung up. So we called and had my line froze so they couldn't use my phone.
Now, to me, if you find something and have the opportunity to turn it in, and don't - that is stealing. Point blank. All that person would have had to do was hand it to the girl at the desk. That would be the honest thing to do. The joke is on them though, since I reported it lost or stolen to Verizon, that phone can not be activated on anyone elses account. HA! It just makes me so mad because I had just bought new ring tones, and I had a memory card with a TON of music on it. I was lucky enough to be given a phone so I didn't have to go spend $300 on a basic phone.
Anyway, the point of this was to let you all know that I now have my phone turned back on, and once again, I need your numbers. Please call, text e-mail, comment, whatever you desire, but get me your number! Thanks!

3 comments:

Megan said...

no no fun! Sorry about that! And yes! I agree...it's STEALING!

Marci said...

holy cow thats stupid, i hate people like that. my number is 668-9088!!

Unknown said...

sad story! It does make you mad doesn't it. Coby lost his cell phone once in idaho the summer we moved back here and ugh we spent forever trying to find it! We then had to call and shut it off how frusterating that people can't be honest oh yeah Remind your friends not to give to much information on here this is the internet and some people can be stupid (idiots that get on here with out permission etc)