Friday, September 12, 2008

We're back!

We got home on the afternoon of the 11th, around 1:00. I would like to thank my mom for posting the last two posts to keep everyone informed of the arrival of our little guy. We are so happy he is here and already we are trying to remember what life was like before he came along.... (quiet...haha)
I thought I would fill you in on some of the details and post some more pics, because come on... who doesn't love newborn pictures?After the epiduralDaddy and his new little guyChloe missed her mommaChloe pointing out Mattix's eyes, nose and other facial features
Bentley and Chloe meeting their new little brother
All my guys

My version of the birth story -
We got the call around 5:15 am. Labor and Delivery wanted us there in an hour. We got up and gathered our stuff together. My mom stayed with the kids until we got settled at the hospital and got another babysitter there.
6:15 - We got to the hospital and quickly got checked in and taken to a room.
7:15 - Started Pitocin - 4 centimeters dilated
7:15 - 1:00 - took Pitocin through the IV, trying to decide if I was going to get the epidural. Got checked and found I was 6-7 cent. dilated and decided it was time for the epidural.
1:30 - received epidural - feeling much better!
2:00 - Dr came to break my water - still around 7 centimeters
2:30 - suddenly feeling more pressure and babies heart rate was very erratic. Nurse checked me and found I was fully dilated and also put the oxygen mask on me. We quickly called the Dr. so we could start pushing
2:40 - Dr arrived and we started to push
2:52 - Mattix Jett makes his official debut with the cord wrapped around his neck but doing just fine!

He gave us a little scare because he was grunting and flaring his nostrils when he was trying to breathe. They came and got his lungs all the way popped open and now the little guy is just fine.


Update since we've been home-
Bentley and Chloe have been adjusting really well. They think their new little brother is awesome and have shown no signs of jealousy. I have had lots of support from my family (mom, grandma, aunts, sister, cousin etc...) and so i have been able to rest as often as I need. thanks guys! mattix is eating great and sleeping fairly well too.

So far, things are great and we are feeling pretty good about everything. Thanks for all the phone calls, texts, comments and e-mails. We love you guys!

5 comments:

Charity Brown said...

He is absolutely adorable!!! CONGRATS!!!!! You look great, too!!

Andi said...

Congratulations! You seem like a total pro. You don't even look tired or stressed in the pictures. You look beautiful!

It's crazy to me that a girl my age can have 3 kids already. I guess I really need to get started! Your kids are gorgeous, by the way. You are very blessed!

Samantha said...

Congratulations again! I LOVE your pics, you look amazing. You don't even look like you just had a baby!!!! I'm glad that things are going so good. I cannot even imagine 1 more! LOL

The Ramsay's said...

Well Congratulations!! It's so good to see that your little family is doing so well:)

Marci said...

yay!!! congrats...i cant wait to come and see him...i will call you maybe this week if i have some extra time cause i really wanna come and see you and the kids. im glade everything is going well for you, congrats again!!