Monday, January 7, 2008

The Hidden Ducks



Today Bentley woke up and immediately asked to go to the duckies. At first I was totally confused. I had no idea what he was talking about. Then it hit me. Over Christmas Bentley's grandpa (Jesus' dad) had taken them to a nearby pond to feed ducks. I didn't realize just how nearby it was. I called Jesus to ask him how to get to this pond and he told me just to walk across the empty lot across the street. I followed his directions and hidden behind the house across the street was this.......




I was amazed. All this time hiding literately in front of my face was a beautiful duck pond. We took some "oldish" (if that's a real word) rolls, and the heels of a loaf of bread (who eats that stuff anyway?) and let Bentley throw them to the duckies.. Bentley had a good time. As soon as we got there he plopped himself down and began to toss. Then he waited patiently for the ducks to come in and eat it. Every once a while they would spook themselves and fly off quacking all the way and he would bust out laughing and say "they scared me!". It was adorable.
Chloe had a enjoyed it too, she kept trying to get closer and closer. Ahhh - she is my adventurous girl. Bentley has always been content to sit by the side and observe, but not Chloe! She was in no way entertained just watching She wanted to feel the feathers, and taste the water for herself. She would have literately jumped in the water if I hadn't grabbed her. I finally sat her next to Bentley and she was content enough to watch what he was doing long enough for the rolls to be eaten. I couldn't resist snapping this of the two of them. We had a blast and this definately wont be the last time those ducks see us!




2 comments:

Megan said...

so cute! I love pictures of kids from behind. So cute. Bentley in blue, and Chloe in pink. Perfect!

Unknown said...

Megan...How do you always write so quick I check this blog everyday lol anyways totally loved this one I can just imagine Cloe doing just that and I can just imagine a very tired niece of mine by the time you got home that afternoon I hope they took a good long nap!! ;) So you could pick up your feet.