Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's done


Just as she did with Bentley and Chloe, my mom made Mattix's crib quilt. I had an idea of what I wanted and she brought it into reality. I wanted a quilt that was made up of squares of different fabrics and textures, and it wanted it really soft and poofy. One day, my mom was in the fabric store... surprise surprise... and she found a panel that was exactly what I wanted. I wasn't so sure about the frogs, but I have truly come to like them. My mom has spent many LONG nights staying up till two in the morning quilting, just to get up again at 5:00 to take my little sister to swim practice. She's awesome!

Here is the quilt in the bed all made. The afghan was a gift from my amazing boss, Cheryl. I love it because it reminds me of the one my Great-Grandma Slack was making for Bentley when she passed away.


Chloe was feeling left out so I had to take her picture... weirdo...

1 comment:

Megan said...

it's so so cute! I love how it looks in the crib all the more! Lucky little Mattix! We find out what we are having on the 21st...and I'm determined to have a really cute bedding set for this kiddo!