Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weekend Update

This is the newest member of our family (at least until September.... haha)

her name is Belle, and she's a pughuahua. Her mom is a pug, and her dad is a chihuahua. She is the sweetest thing and the kids are loving her. She was almost completely potty trained when we got her so that was a major stress off my shoulders! Bentley and Chloe are in puppy heaven. He does not want to let her out of his sight and we even got in trouble at Harmon's the other night because Bentley insisted on taking her into the store... oops....

On Sunday we took a little day trip to Vegas to get some baby shopping done. We were deciding between getting a toddler bed for Chloe, or a new crib for the baby. We also need a new car seat and a couple other odds and ends. Since St. George isn't exactly known for its shopping selection we decided to go to Babies R Us and do it in one sweep. When we got there I was immediately disappointed in the car seat selection. There were a few I was looking at online and they weren't nearly as cute in person. I decided I would wait and get one I had seen a few days before at Wal-Mart.
We decided to get a toddler bed for Chloe despite the fact that I knew bed time was going to be a huge challenge. But hey, you gotta do it at some point right? We were going to get a basic white one, but then I saw this one.
For $20 more it came with toy box and bench, plus it just seemed like Chloe. The canopy bed and pink princess theme were right up her alley. I was able to get some more organizing and picture hanging up today, so here's some pictures of her room now. There are just a few shelves I need Jesus' help with and we want to paint the chair rail white, and the bottom half of the room pink. Then her room will be all done. She slept in her new bed last night for a couple hours, but since she hasn't been feeling well we didn't push it too hard and she ended up in our bed.

That brings me to my last topic. What is with my kid and weird illnesses? Chloe was acting kinda funny on Saturday and we realized she had a fever. We gave her tylenol and didn't think much of it. Sunday she was still a bit fussy, so we gave her some more, thinking she was teething since she kept touching her mouth. Then I saw the sores. She had what I thought was a canker sore on her tongue, but when I got looking closer I realized she had two more. One on her gums, and another one further back on her tongue. I couldn't see down her throat but later when we went to the doctor we saw them when he shined the light in her mouth. We cut our Vegas trip short after lunch because we wanted to get her home. We had promised Bentley we would take him to Kung Fu Panda since we weren't going to the Shark Reef. Then when we realized how bad the sores were we knew we had to get Chloe into the Instacare. We were trying to figure out how to keep our promise to Bentley, and make sure Chloe got to the doctor. I was willing to let Jesus take Bentley to the movie while I went to the doctor, but Jesus said that he wanted to be there, so we had Cambria (my cousin) and her friend take him to the movie while we went to the doctor. Chloe has hand foot and mouth disease. The worst part is - its a virus. There is no medicine for it. It has to run its course. I can give her ibuprofen for the pain, but thats about it. It's supposed to last about a week. Today she slept until 10 am. I am not complaining, but that is SOOOO not like her. This kid wakes up at the butt crack of dawn most days. Poor girl.

Well, there's a little update on whats going on in our life.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Cute stuff for Chloe's room! I can't wait to see it when the pink is up, too...her new little bed looks like fun...I just hope Katy won't be disappointed with a regular old white one...good thing we're a ways away from that still...

Mikelle said...

Cute little princess bed i love it.

DaynaDouble said...

Misty's little girl is still getting over hand foot and mouth disease and she got it in May. She stopped eating, lost her voice, and the whole yucky feeling yucky acting thing. She at least acts better now but it not totally back to normal. I am not trying to scare you, but just give some info that I have. Good Luck!

Marci said...

hey girl thanx for you comment...and i forgot to get your address before my really busy week at work but i wanted you to come to kaylins birthday party on monday at 6 at my house, its nothing big just some of his friends and fam coming but i would love it if we got to see you...and you dont even have to worry about a present cause its short notice and i could care less if you got any more toys anyways so come if you can let me know.

Unknown said...

When did you get a dog and how come nobody told me....Thank goodness for your blog it's the only way I keep up with all the information.....hope to see you soon at nikis wedding