Friday, July 11, 2008

my dilema

When we were pregnant with Bentley, the minute my husband suggested the name "Bentley" I knew that was it. With Chloe, as soon as I heard the name Chloe I knew that would be my babies name. It was easy. It just "clicked". This time around.... not so much.... I have searched every website, read all the books, hoping that that perfect name would jump out at me. I would jump out of my chair and shout "YES! there it is!", but so far, no dice. I have found some names I like, and so has Jesus, but nothing with that light bulb above your head affect. So, once again, I turn to you fellow bloggers. Give me your opinion.


Mateo Jett Espinoza.



Now, so far, the initial response I have gotten was a definite no, but give a second. Let me explain. Jesus is feeling guilty for not having Bentley's middle name be Jesus as family tradition calls. His middle name is Jesus (I wont tell you his first name because I would have to kill you after!), his dad's middle name is Jesus, and his grandfathers middle name was Jesus. Originally we had decided this was not an option for us, but now Jesus is feeling the guilt and wanting to follow tradition. I am fighting tooth and nail against it. My compromise with Bentley was to have his middle name start with a J, as well as Chloe (Bentley Jayde, Chloe Jocelyn) but apparently this isn't going to be the case this time. I was browsing names today and came across Mateo. I have heard the name before and liked it. It means Matthew in Spanish, so I thought it would be a good compromise without going too traditional. (Javier, Jesus, Juan so on....) Jesus said it's "growing on him", and my moms first impression was "NO!" until I explained. So... tell me what you think? Maybe offer another option?
I am not saying this wont change before I actually deliver. This child may be one of those that you can't name until you see... who knows? But I still would love some opinions or options!

7 comments:

Megan said...

oh, I actually like Mateo. I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to hear...are you wanting to be talked into it, or talked out of it?

Your mom was saying something about Dayton. Was that just something she liked, or was that one you are looking into?

DaynaDouble said...

I like Mateo better than Mason. I heard Kash the other day and thought that was cute. I still, of course, love Jett because if we have a boy that is one of our options. We are struggling with a name also. I have found I can't listen to my fam because they don't like any of our names... Good Luck!

Marci said...

rickell i really like mateo way more then anyothers you have said thus far, and i think it fits really well with the other kids names to! ya dont tell your family any names cause they never like them and you know what its your kid so they will love him no matter what his name and they will get use to it and when they see him and call me what ever you choose they will say "your were right it fits him perfectly"!!!

rickellespinoza said...

woo hoo. I am loving that people like mateo. I love it. I guess we will have to wait and see... hahaha

Charity Brown said...

I really like Mateo as well!! Better than the others! And Jett is cute as well!

Unknown said...

Speaking spanish the way I do I understand what you are talking about and you know what how about Mateo Jesus??? That way he wouldn't feel guilty and you can still have a name you like. There was someone we knew that had the letter with there first name start with M and their middle name start with J so they got nick named MJ I thought it was kind of cute. If I ever have a boy I would name him Kyson

Lenzi said...

Well, I will put a some wood on the fire... Im not a HUGE fan of Mateo, but it's OK.. What I was thinking for you is that you seem to like the name Jett... and Jesus really wants the tradition of the middle name.. so what if you went with Jett as the first name... and named him
Jett Jesus Espinoza.... Just a thought :) Good luck! You see I went with the husbands wishes with my little man, and as much as I did not like the idea of Jeffery James Johnson, I went with it, and now I can't imagine him not being named after his daddy! Toodles :)