Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oh Joy!

Days 1-3 of potty training were filled with frustration, disappointment, and feelings of helplessness. It was a roller coaster. Bentley would do really well for a bit, then decide it was easier to just go... wherever.... I think the problem was that we weren't home much on Saturday or Sunday. However, day 4 was the light at the end of the tunnel. We started out the day in underwear, and after the first accident, I ditched 'em. He spent the majority of the day naked, which clearly worked because we didn't have another accident after that. He got to the point that instead of me asking him if he needed to go, he would just sit on the potty and let me know after he had gone. I was so proud. We only went through 2 pairs of underwear yesterday versus the 8 pairs we went through on Sunday. He is still in a diaper at night, and I think it will be a while before we venture out of the house without a diaper on, but we are making progress!


One day he will kill me for these, but I don't care!

















Ummm.... are you seriously taking my picture right now?













And a recent belly pic, just for fun.

2 comments:

Megan said...

yay for day 4! I've heard lots of good things about the naked approach. I didn't try it with Seth, but it's good to know it's working for Bent!

Unknown said...

it's going to be so nice for you to have him all trained plus it's more confidence for them too...if that makes any sense I guess what I am saying is JaCoby was just so proud of himself ;) Congrats on the little boy ;) Maybe you can name him Koby since your husband likes the name and isn't that the way he likes it spelled???lol p.s. Do I ever make any sense>???