Friday, March 27, 2009

THEY are the ones that matter

Life has been crazy. And in all honesty, it sucks. Some days I am at my wits end. I love my kids more than anything, but some days all I want to do it lay in bed. All the crap that this divorce has brought on has really drawn me to the end of my rope. I am back to work full time, and preparing for school this fall. Between work, 3 kids, and attempting to keep a decent home, I am exhausted. So when I have a day like yesterday, when all I want to do is sleep, and Chloe finds a random marker and colors on her legs and any other hard surface she can find, or pours nail polish on my coffee table, Mattix is fussy and refuses to nap, and Bentley is needy and clingy - its enough to make me lose my cool. Then I read something like this. This family lost their youngest child and this blog is dedicated to the memory of her and marks the families grieving process. This post in particular struck me. She talks about how shortly after the death of their daughter Camille, two of her other daughters broke some treasured figurines. Her first instinct was to get mad, but then she stepped back and realized how lucky she was to have them in her life at all. It really put things into perspective. I was instantly humbled and suddenly grateful again. I can't imagine losing any one of my children, and need to be grateful for them every single day. The other things don't matter.

6 comments:

Charity Brown said...

I am sorry you're going through this rough time! But, you're right. It's easy to get lost in the little things, when it's the big picture that really matters!

Megan said...

I've read her blog before. Her Camille and Katy would be pretty close in age. So sorry about how rough things have been. I feel bad that I haven't been any help! I'm glad that you have that perspective. Hugs!

Marci said...

hey girl...sounds like you def need a break...sorry things suck right now..let me know if you need anything, really.

McKinna said...

oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear... i had no idea! I hope all goes well. Wish we lived closer to hang out!! :(

DaynaDouble said...

Hang in there and you know you can always call on me when you need a break. I will take the rugrats for a minute or a night. You are SO strong!

Barney Family said...

omg I wasn't aware of this until now; my heart goes out to you! I can only imagine how hard that would be but just remember rickell that it is his loss and will always be his greatest loss in this lifetime and your children will always have the greatest respect and love for you and nothings greater than that! I miss you and if you ever need to talk, im here for you keep your head up girl